We are Ontrack Digital Sdn Bhd, Company No 1240695-X registered in Malaysia with our registered office at Unit 3-9, Tingkat 3, Dataran Pelangi Utama
Jalan Masjid PJU 6A, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (and we refer to ourselves as Ontrack, "we" or "us" or "our" in this document). We own and operate Hargapedia mobile application.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we, as data controller of your personal data, will treat it.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 in the Malaysia).
Data we collect from you directly
When you register to use our App, we will ask for the following information: your name, email address, password, IP address and postcode. We may also ask you to provide your age, your phone number, your address and possibly certain other personal details such as gender or where you heard about us.
Data we collect from your activity on the App
As you use the App and personalise your account, we collect data about your activity on the App. This includes things like:
• Your communications with Hargapedia;
• Information about your current location (for users of Hargapedia App). You may opt out of having this data collected at any time by managing your smartphone location services settings;
• Other Information related to your use of the Services;
• Other information related to your activity, such as which website referred you to us;
Data we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from third party sources, such as data aggregators and from third parties to whom you have given permission to share your information or from whom you have given us permission to request your information. For instance, by registering for the App using Facebook or another social network, you grant permission to that network to share your details. Depending on the network rules and your settings on it, this may include data such as your date of birth, your marital status, the number of people in your household and other information.
Sensitive Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Services, to customise and improve your Hargapedia experience, to make your experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible and for commercial purposes.
Use of Information to Provide the Services
Certain information is required in order for the Services, or certain features of the Services, to operate e.g. we use your IP address to prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our site.
Use of Information to Customise and Improve the Hargapedia Experience
We want your price comparison experience on Hargapedia to be as enjoyable as possible. We will collect the data about your browsing activities and preferences to customise your account (in addition to how you customise it yourself) and to enable us to provide an efficient and user-friendly service. We will also use it to improve the quality of the App.
Here are some specific examples of how we use your data:
• Paying attention to how you use the App help us to develop
improvements to the App and the Services.
• If you have been referred to us by a third-party website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or less users to our App. We may also have referral arrangements with certain third-party websites and referrers and we may use this data to fulfil obligations that we may have to these third-party websites or referrers.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate information about shopping habits, products and service preferences and selections which users have made and the like. We use this information for the personalisation or general improvement of the Services, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; other software and hardware information and the like. We use this information to understand how and when our users access our services, and so we can further develop our App and Services to suit.
Use of Information for Commercial Purposes
Hargapedia does not charge non-commercial users for use of the App. In terms of data which is personal to you however, we earn revenues from this (which allows us to keep the App updated and totally free to our non-commercial users) through industry standard sources and methods including advertising sales which may be targeted to you (including online behavioural advertising, including and personalised retargeting advertising, ) and through the sale of business intelligence data (which is anonymised).
Here is how your information is used for this:
We use information about your activity on our App, including information about your current location when using the App, in order to present you with targeted advertising-that is, product information, offers and promotions that we think may be interesting to you and that you might like. Without targeting, you will still see advertisements; they are just less likely to be relevant.
We share information with certain carefully selected third party partners so that they can:
Present you with advertisements and promotional offers that are relevant to you and your interests on both Hargapedia and other sites based on your activity on Hargapedia or, alternatively;
To present you with advertisements on Hargapedia based on your
activity on other websites. For example, you may see ads for
products you viewed on another website while browsing
For more information on data sharing, please see the "Data Sharing" section.
We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the App, Services or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us with about the App, the Services or ourselves - and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. City or locale).
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. Some of these are service emails and are so we can communicate with you about App updates or your activity on the App. For instance, we may send you service emails:
• to send you information which you have asked for; and
• to contact you about the status of ratings or reviews you have submitted using our Services.
In addition, from time to time we may email you marketing emails with App news and updates or details of sales offers or promotions. These may be marketing for the App itself or on behalf of third parties. We may also contact you for market research purposes, either for commercial purposes or so we can get feedback about the App.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to work out individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymised and no identifying information will be included in the resulting data.
Aggregate data helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We use and disclose anonymised aggregate information to provide other products and services, as well for the purposes of evaluating and improving our existing products and services. We also sell such aggregate information through other channels.
All of the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process - which may later be changed) or your login details for a Supermarket (if you authorise us to save this information).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
• We may share your personal information to any member of our group
of companies, which means any subsidiaries of Ontrack Digital Sdn Bhd, or
its ultimate holding or parent company and its subsidiaries.
• At times we work with other companies who help us to provide the Services to you or provide other support services pertaining to the operation of the App. These companies receive only the personal information required in order to provide services, and are not allowed to use that information for anything aside from providing the services.
Corporate and Statutory Purposes
• We may transfer our databases containing your personal information
if we sell our business or part of it and engage in another similar
• We will share personal information where we are required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.